Errors are common in QuickBooks and one such error that we are going to discuss today is QuickBooks error code 1920. QuickBooks error code 1920 is often seen when the user tries to install QuickBooks Desktop or a program update. It usually occurs when QuickBooks Database Manager Scans installed hard drives for the company to create a connection with those files. When this service tries to access the drive on the desktop and is not able to, it indicates that the installation is affected. To find out other factors causing this issue and fixes for the same, make sure to read this post carefully. Or you can also consult our support professionals at 1-844-405-0907 and let them help you with the process.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 1920?
The user can end up in such an error due to the following reasons:
- One of the major reasons can be damaged installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- In case of Invalid entries in the registry of your windows, the user can experience this issue
- Another common reason can be virus or malware attack on data files
- System power failure can also trigger such an error
- Deletion of important system files or registry entry is also a valid factor causing the issue
Steps to fix the issue
The user can perform the steps to clean install the QuickBooks software and try fixing the issue. Let us have a look:
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
Step 2: Rename the installation folders
Step 3: Manually Resolve the Errors
- The user needs to rename the QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- And then open the QuickBooks Desktop and then open the company file.
- Press on F2 or Ctrl+1 keys so as to open the Product Information
- Keep a track of the location of the company file listed in the File Information.
- Now, close QuickBooks Desktop
- Head to the company file location
- For Windows 10, 8.1 and 8: Right-click on the Windows Start button and then choose File Explorer
- For Windows 7 and Vista: Right-click on the Windows Start Button and then select the Open Windows Explorer.
- Also, right-click on the file and choose the Rename option
- Enter in the new name of the company files and click on Enter.
- Hit yes on the confirmation window
Now that we have come to the end of this post, we believe that you might be able to fix the issue using the steps above. However, if the error continues even after performing the steps above, then contacting our QuickBooks error support team at 1-844-405-0907 is recommended. We have a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who have the experience to deal with QuickBooks-related issues.