Are you facing reconcile issues in QuickBooks? If yes, then reading this segment might be of some help. When you have already reconciled your account and it shows a different balance in the next reconciliation, then your software has reconciliation discrepancy. And finding and fixing the issue is very much essential. However, this can be caused due to a bunch of factors, which we will be discussing later in this post. To know more, make sure to read the post till the end, or you also get in touch with our team professionals at 1-844-405-0907 and we will provide you with immediate support services.
What causes QuickBooks reconciliation discrepancy?
The user can end up in such an error due to the following reasons:
- This error can be seen due to reconciliation adjustments like journal entries, modified, added or deleted reconciled transactions.
- It can also occur due to reconciliation arrangement
- Also, past reconciled transaction has been an alternation, deleted or added
Steps to fix issues when you are reconciling in QuickBooks
The user can perform the below set of steps to fix issues related to reconcile.
Step 1: Missing or modified transactions
The reconciliation discrepancy report shows you transactions arranged by statement date that is altered since the reconciliation.
- The fist step is to head to the report and choose banking and click on reconciliation discrepancy from the reports menu
- After that select the right account and hit ok tab
- Now, read and review the report to analyze any discrepancies
- Missing check reports allow you to find absent transactions
- Now choose the banking and also click on missing checks from the reports menu
- Now, select the appropriate account and hit ok tab
- The last step is read and review the report for transactions that mismatch with the bank statement
Step 2: Reconciliation adjustment
- Here, the user needs to open lists menu and also click on chart of accounts
- After that double click and open the reconciliation discrepancy account
- Now, choose the appropriate filter from the dates drop down menu
With this, we come to the end of this post, where we hope that the information shared in above might be of some help in fixing the reconciling issue in QuickBooks. However, if there is any query or if you need our assistance at any point in time, and our QuickBooks Support team will provide you with instant support services. You can give us at 1-844-405-0907, and we will provide you with immediate support services.